Spots for this class are full!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the wait list.
April 3 Class has been rescheduled for a later date. Please watch your emails for updates.
Learn, cook, and eat for the Jewish holidays in the beautiful new CTJ Kitchen.
Join Rabbi Mark and an array of renowned guest chefs and teachers in exploring the beauty and cuisine of the Jewish Holidays and related international Jewish cuisine.
Each class includes a discussion of major Jewish holidays and observances, woven into demonstrations and hands-on preparation of a wonderful meal for all participants, perfectly matched with a delicious kosher wine or non-alcoholic beverage.
Guest Chefs and Teachers:
Judy Zeidler | David Slatkin | Pam Salzman | Israel Feuerstein | Rebbetzin Risa | Melissa Stein | Moira Feary
Register for three session minimum: $108
Register for four classes: $144
Sign up for all six sessions (18% discount!): $180
All class sessions are 6:00 PM TO 8:15 PM, including dinner.
Purim | Monday, February 13 (Observed March 11-12, 2017) | Melissa Stein
Passover | Monday, March 13 (Observed April 10-18, 2017) | Judy Zeidler
Israeli Food | Date TBA (Yom HaZikaron, HaAtzmaut, Yerushalayim) | Rabbi Mark
Shavuot | Monday, May 1 (Observed May 30-June 1, 2017) | Moira Feary
Shabbat | Monday, June 19 (Observed weekly; always!) | Rabbi Mark
High Holidays | Monday, September 11 (Rosh Hashanah September 20-22) | Rabbi Mark
• NEW ECLECTIC HAMANTASHEN FLAVORS FOR EVERY TASTE -cheddar cheese, mushroom, sweet & salty....)
• BLINTZES - LIKE YOUR MOM NEVER MADE - homemade cheese and tagelach
• NON-MUNDANE MATZAH – delicious and practical concoctions you have never experienced
• CLASSIC CHICKEN MATZAH BALL SOUP – and meat or veggie chopped ‘liver’
• MIDDLE EASTERN VEGETARIAN DELIGHT - hummus, falafel, baba ghanush and israeli-style salad with pita
• CLASSIC RED LENTIL SOUP from top Israeli chef
• HUNGARIAN LECHO (VEGETARIAN) sautéed green peppers, onions and eggs served with homemade bread
• CHOLENT - beef stew with beans, barley, potatoes, onions, and roasted whole eggs, slowly cooked for 24 hrs-a traditional Shabbat lunch
• MEDITERRANEAN ROASTED CHICKEN WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES
• MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE- chicken with prunes and spices, slowly cooked and served over rice or couscous
• MIDDLE EASTERN CHICKEN WITH OLIVES OR WITH RAISINS & PINE NUTS
• MIDDLE EASTERN CHICKEN WITH RAISINS AND PINE NUTS
• MEAT BALLS HUNGARIAN-STYLE (BEEF OR TURKEY) and much, much more!